Re: About GNOME 2.0 - The end of a dream

On 17 Jun 2001 03:42:51 -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Now people have the right to think, I'm wrong and that we don't need
> a process to handle addition to the Gnome platform (I'm not speaking about
> apps, but for the core stuff which must be shared). I would like to
> hear their rationale.

As a relative newcomer to the Gnome world I would wholeheartedly agree
with this. Not only would such a process address situations like we've
seen this weekend, it would be incredibly useful as direction to those
of us still hanging around on the fringes wondering how on earth to take
a leap into hacking on core components.

Mike

--
Mike Newman, Weston-super-Mare, UK | http://www.gtnorthern.demon.co.uk