Re: GConf and bonobo-config - some ideas

On Fri, 22 Jun 2001, Dietmar Maurer wrote:

> The link approach would works perfectly in this situation.
[snip]

> Using the link approach would also work here (link/mount another database
> somewhere inside the configuration tree).

After a brief look through the headers of bonobo-config, I couldn't find
the APIs an an app programmer would use to do this.

Are these mounts/links global, or application specific?  If they are
application specific, do they need to be set up each time an app is run?
How convenient is it to set up a link/mount as opposed to telling gconf to
apply a particular schema to a new key?  Does it break the abstraction of
using the config: moniker (ie. not caring about where the config data is
stored) from the app's point of view?

I look forward to your answers.

Thanks,

James.