Re: GConf and bonobo-config - some ideas

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001, Elliot Lee wrote:

> * Using Bonobo directly via CORBA is painful, and no current examples of
> this exist, so the benefits of this are hypothetical at best.

What do you mean by `using Bonobo'? Because a lot of the interfaces are
not wrapped in C because it wouldn't make much sense, so you do in fact
use `raw' CORBA calls on them.
I do agree that using Bonobo _completely_ without the GNOME implementation
is painful, but it can be done (at least it could be done some time ago)
(I guess it's time for my bimonthly MonkeyBeans plug:))

--
   .--= ULLA! =---------------------.   `We are not here to give users what
   \     http://cactus.rulez.org     \   they want'  -- RMS, at GUADEC 2001