Re: Time to calm down and to look into the future

+++ Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 02:24:20PM +0200 +++
Martin Baulig e-mails me. Film at 11. Reply right now, after the break.
> I don't know yet whether I still want to be GNOME 2.0 release coordinator or
> whether I'll actually resign.
>
> This was my big dream and this dream ended yesterday evening.

OK. Well. First let me admit I don't know the code of GNOME 2 and,
while I understand the technical debates, I am not qualified to voice
an opinion in them.

<emotional>

I just want to say that Martin becoming inactive would be a terrible
loss to the efforts to make GNOME actually progress. Having happened
to meet him personally, I cannot give many technical arguments, but I
think I can say that he's one of our greatest, well, let's say, "human
resources" (Hell, I hate that term :).

OK, to make a case in point: If all the little suckers like me left
the project, it would still go on, maybe a bit less documented or
worse translated. But it would keep making headway. If people like
Martin start leaving all over the place, we could as well shut down
the shop...

</emotional>

mawa
--
Williams and Holland's Law:
	If enough data is collected, anything may be proven by