Re: We need a process [Was: GConf vs. bonobo-config]

Hi everyone,

I would like to make alternative suggestion:

1.) Don't use things like "Fuck you" in mails going to these list.

2.) Don't allege that someone has dishonest motives, even if he get paid by a
company.

3.) Only flame other people if you know what you are talking about.

Obviously there was some communication failure between me and Havoc. Anyway, I
think we have solved that issue, and it was no big deal at all. It is a simple
decision:

    a.) use the PropertyBag interface to access configuration data
    or b.) use the gconf API directly.

We thought that it is reasonable to use the PropertyBag interface, and thus made
that small change, which is mainly a s/x/y.

I thing all those people who managed to annoy Martin should rethink there
strategy. Maybe I should add another point to the rules:

4.) Always consider that many people don't know each other, and communication
true email is a difficult thing. Be careful on what you say, in order to guard
against misunderstandings.

- Dietmar