Re: Get gettext 0.10.35 to stop editing po/ChangeLog?

On 1 Jun 2001, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

> James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:
>
> > On Thu, 31 May 2001, Darin Adler wrote:
>
> > > Anyone know how to get gettext 0.10.35 to stop editing po/ChangeLog?
> > > I think I understand the idea of the feature, but it's inappropriate
> > > for how we use CVS. It seems to edit it every time I do an autogen.
>
> > I assume that you mean 0.10.36 or 37.  Attached is a patch against
> > gettext-0.10.37 that will remove all the po/ChangeLog modification
> > code.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to turn off that
> > annoying behaviour without modifying gettext.
>
> Maybe we can ask Bruno for help and to change gettextize for the next
> gettext release.  gettextize needs to understand a switch like
>
>     --dont-edit-changelog

This is probably a good long term solution, although I would be inclined
to make not writing to the ChangeLog the default.  I generally think of
changelogs as something for people to update rather than programs.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/