Re: Bugs in Bugzilla

Joe Shaw <joe helixcode com> writes:

> > It requires an account even for submission to ensure a valid email
> > address.
>
> Yeah, this stinks, and doesn't fit in well with bug-buddy. If users find
> they have to register to submit a bug, they just won't do it. Just because
> a user doesn't have a valid email address doesn't make the bug not
> worthwhile.

Well, it makes it impossible to follow up with the user if the info in
the bug report is insufficient. Or for the user to be notified when
the bug is closed, so it can be verified.

I think mandating a valid email address is acceptable. If we want to
be able to get feedback other than that, it could be filed as "problem
reports" which are only turned into real bug reports when someone
looks at them and distills relevant information. But I don't think
that is particularly critical.

 - Maciej