Re: Bugzilla for GNOME (was Re: GNOME CVS: nautilus mathieu)

Joe Shaw <joe helixcode com> writes:

> > > We were going to work on this, but the ball got dropped. Martin, would
> > > you like to head up this initaitive? If so, Owen and I can fill you in
> > > on what we know so far.
> >
> > Hmm, is there anything special which needs to be done except installing
> > Bugzilla ?
>
> A debbugs email wrapper needs to be written OR an email interface needs to
> be installed and have support added to bug-buddy.

Adding Bugzilla support to bug-buddy is much better than an email interface;
this'll also allow us to add some ideas from
http://bugzilla.eazel.com/helper.html.

> Also, we should consider whether to move the bugs from bugs.g.o over or
> whether to drop all of them on the floor.

I think it's enough if the maintainers of all modules have a look over the
bugs for their module and resubmit the good ones to Bugzilla, or at least
give them some time to close and remove all the crap (while debbugs is already
rejecting new bug reports) before we move.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)