Standard fonts.

I've just decided the *single ugliest* part of X is, undoubtedly, the
butt-ugly fonts.  I think we have two choices for GNOME:

1)  Use the one piece of code Microsoft appears to have released
semi-publically:  Microsoft Web Fonts.  Verdana, Georgia, Times New Roman,
and Arial are *good* fonts, and are in fact quite a bit more attractive than
the standard fonts I've seen on any other OS.

2)  Find a font designer to provide us with high quality serif, sans serif,
non-proportional, and special case fonts.

Yes, this is a GNOME issue.  Yes, these need to be truetype fonts.

I think this is absolutely critical, without a doubt in my head.