Re: actual proposal

Federico Mena Quintero <federico@nuclecu.unam.mx> wrote:
> >  I suppose, if feasable, we could expand Keythemes to include whole text
> >  processing patterns, so a user could load up a "vi" theme that would
> >  generalize vi to all text entry mechanisms.
>
> This has been discussed to great extent in the Gnome and Gtk lists.

it brings me to another (unrelated) point. not sure whether this is a gui or
a gtk issue:

a right-button context menu, like in gimp or ee, should return the pointer
to where it was when it's closed. there is no reason not to, and I know that
I am getting quite some additional mouse miles retracking where I've been.
if I remember correctly, this is one of brook's main points of critique on
the menu structure we have today (menubar at window top). a right-button
context menu could solve that problem as well, but it does a poor job at the
moment.

		-- Henry Spencer