Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

Peter Bortas wrote:

> Therefore documentation should NOT be in GC1. Don't get me
> wrong. Documentation is vital, and programmers know that, but Gnome
> will only suffer from making doc GC1.

Well, I agree with that statement completely.  Documentation
should be suggested by the lower (GC2) levels, and only mandated
by the higher levels (GC3, GC4).  I suggested in an earlier post
that the documentation requirements be split across multiple
levels.  So, GC2 would have only the slimmest, most necessary
documentation (maybe a quick little README).  GC3 might require a
little more work, perhaps something integrated with the gnome
help browser (otherwise, why even have an official help
browser?).  And then GC4 might be full-blown documentation,
whatever that means.  These levels should be carefully
considered, and should definitely start off with a very gradual
slope.

How does this sound?

John