Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Online Help Standardization

Tom Vogt wrote:

> the "hotfix" solution I put into the RSG and which hasn't yet taken much
> flak is that there should always be something like "GNOME Help" that simply
> starts the helpbrowser on the main page.

Sure, so a GC1-compliant (bare minimum) app has generic Help link
to the help system, but no help document.  A GC2-compliant (more
solid GNOME) app has the proper help done and linked by the Help
menu.

Question is, should this distinction be made clear in the menu
itself?  Should the no-help app have a Help->GNOME Help menu, and
the app with documentation have a Help->App Help menu?  Or should
the fully-compliant GNOME app have both?

Here's my proposal.  All GNOME apps should have a "Help->GNOME
Help" menu item, as part of minimum compliance (GC1 or GL5).  If
the app has its own help documentation, it should have an
_additional_ menu, "Help->App Help" where "App" is the name of
the application.

John