Re: Menu Premise (was Re: tmfkap, File, &c)

On Fri, Aug 07, 1998 at 02:30:51AM -0700, Dan Effugas Kaminsky wrote:
> >I have to agree with Michael. Even stronger it sometimes take hardly no
> >effort. If I look at my experience with GEM on the old ataris. Making a new
> >layout is just starting you gui designer (Resource Editor) create a new
> >.rsc file with other menu layout and if need be other dialog layout and

> Dude, coders aren't going to make two menus.  Can you imagine documenting
> such a thing?!?

That's the human factor so to say... theoretically it's a good idea..
practically that's another matter indeed.

> Anyway, scope based and task based literally demand different families of
> menu contents.  You wouldn't be able to just move 'em around.

Good point.

> Coders aren't going to do this work.  I, just thinking about it, can't
> really think how they would.

Some maybe would but the majority of them would not... I completely agree
with you =)

> *NOW*, if we want to have something like Menuthemes, which create alternate
> contexts and orders for menu contents, that's a different story!  Then, the
> coder codes as normal, and the psycho user(grin) who likes scope based gets
> his or her wish.

That would indeed be the way I guess.... (but I think that giving it a high
priority isn't the thing... guess you can agree with me on that one.. )

Ric
- Ric Klaren - ia_ric@cs.utwente.nl ------- klaren@cs.utwente.nl --------------
'And this 'rebooting' business? Give it a good kicking, do you?' 'Oh, no,
 of course, we ... that is ... well, yes, in fact,' said Ponder. 'Adrian
   goes round the back and ... er ... prods it with his foot. But in a
    technical way,' he added. --- From: Hogfather by Terry Pratchett.

PGP signature