Re: org sheet

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > a) there will be a button with a foot icon as the leftmost entry of the
>
> Using an icon on the same usage plane as text is a mistake; It breaks
> consistancy, and is visually distracting.

your argument is true. the question, however, is not whether it breaks
consistancy (it does, that's why I initially opted against this), but
whether it's worth it.

and only some real-life tests on real users will reveal that. no amount of
guessing  or book-reading will answer that question for us.

> > b) this menu  (can we call it "Program-menu" because that's where the whole
> >    idea originated?) will contain at least the following items:
> >
> >         Preferences...
> >         Exit
>
> Preferences does not belong in Program. It belongs out on the line with
> the rest of the options.

sun (? I believe it was sun) posted a very, very good overview about scopes
and menus. as long as we stay anywhere close to this idea, Preferences does
clearly belong in tmfkap.

> > a) rename the current "File" menu to a more app-specific term without
> >    changing its contents.
>
> Laughably lame idea. Also breaks consistancy. So far you're 0 for 2.

looking at  the fact that several people, each one (I guess) with an iq
above that of a vegetable are seriously discussing  this idea, I think your
comment does more damage to  you  than to the idea. really, bowie. we don't
need to get childish or insulting, it doesn't help.

		-- Henry Spencer