Huge Batch Reply: Ben

Ben:

> Okay. I've asked a number of other people. And results were not
>as encouraging. Here's a sample conversion:
>
> Me: How would you quit this application?
> LR: I'd click FILE.
> < I show them the mockup with the file menu >
> Me: This is what you'd see. Now what?
> LR: I'd click the 'X' up at the top.
> Me: Well, that would quit. But let's ignore that. How would you
> quit?
> LR: I don't know. And if the 'X' wouldn't work, I don't know what
> I'd do.
> < I show the mockup with the tool tip >
> Me: Does that help at all?
> LR: What's GNOME?
> Me: ...I explain...
> LR: I'd think that the quit in the GNOME menu would quit all
> of GNOME. That little door icon would make me think that
> more.
> Me: What if the quit said: Quit Electric Eyes?
> LR: That would help a lot.

Wow, very valuable research!  Who was it who said research ruled?

Boy, my girlfriend is pissed off at y’all who want to get rid of the File
menu:-D  She doesn’t understand AT ALL...and yes, I explained.

A user saying something would help and something actually helping  are two
different things...can you find a different group of users after the “Quit
Electric Eyes” thing is added?

You should probably try “which menu do you prefer”.

I like spelling Quit out at all times...