Re: RGSG

>Possibly. I suspect, however, that a user would expect different
>functionalities from different menu items ('Gnomeprint|Exit' and
>'File|Exit'). And I think the Exit dealing with application file I/O
>argument is a bit weak: users won't be thinking in terms of I/O;
>they'll be thinking in terms of 'programs' and 'files', in my
>experience. Exiting the one may have the side effect of prompting to
>save and close one or more of the other, but this is a side effect;
>nothing more. A safety feature. IMHO. :)
>

>Torben

All I know is, anybody who has ever used a computer before is gonna be
thrown for a loop with Exit not being in the file menu.  I just asked my
girlfriend--NOT a computer geek, let me tell you :-)  And she
said..."But...but..it just belongs there...even if you told me, I'd
like...go to file...then be like, oh, it's not there, it's in here, oops"

It's more than a safety feature, BTW.  It's a critical feature, one that's
saved mah ass many times and one that makes alot of sense.  What DOESN'T
make sense is that there's no batch interface...I want to save all and close
all and quit with one button, and it's not easy to do that with any GUI
right now.

That's where I get the File link.  In MY view of the exit icon, it's a one
stop Close up shop and get the heck out.