Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Monday, August 03, 1998 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

>Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
>> I do envision that eventually the PSG(Parallel Style Guide) and the UISG
>> will merge once again, if only because I intend to shamelessly swipe
large
>> portions of the PSG for use in the UISG.  Hope Tom and John don't mind...
>
>just one nitpicking. if you ask for the correct names and such, don't start
>renaming other's projects. RSG  for now, ok?

Parallel project sounds like you're working beside us, not against us.
Rogue project pits us against eachother, makes it sound like we don't want
you doing this, and generally adds a soap opera element that is totally
inappropriate.  I personally like what you're doing, and there's no denying
it's productive.  Can we please take off our flamesuit uniforms and use
names that don't say the other guy is the Evil Empire of Interface Nazis?

I will abide by your decision.