Re: New mockup of the gnome menu.

On Mon, 3 Aug 1998, Lars Torben Wilson wrote:

> Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn writes:
>  >
>  > 	http://www.cybersites.com/~xkahn/gnome/mockup.gif
>  > 	http://www.cybersites.com/~xkahn/gnome/mockup2.gif
>  >         http://www.cybersites.com/~xkahn/gnome/mockup3.gif
>  >
>  > 	Okay, so it's not as polished as the last mockup posted...  <G>
>  > But I think it demonstrates my vision for the menu better.
>  >
>  > 						-Ben
>
> I like this a lot. Testing would be nice, to see how non-advanced
> users deal with it.
>
> Perhaps the Gnomeprint should react (raise, for example) when the
> pointer moves over it?

	Well, I just did a little informal tests in the office.  (I went
up to people and said:  Looking at the picture of this application, how
would you quit the program?)  EVERYONE said the footprint.  The president
of the company was a little confused by the whole thing...  But then he
admitted that he had trouble with the apple menu too.  :^)

	I thought about making it raise.  But I liked having it look like
a button normally.  Maybe it should lighten when a mouse is over it?
(Doh!  I forgot the little arrow pointing down!)

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
          Meet Linux: Forrest Gump as an operating system.