Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

> > Again, i'm tempted to say that it looks like you want the Style Guide's
> > development to be a closed process, Tom.. Do clarify that for me, why you
> > think adding the general public into the decision-making process, in
> > addition to the mailing list, is NOT a good idea?
>
> it is a good idea. BUT - all the announcements sounded very, very much like
> the list is not really important, but irc is. look at them. you'll disclose
> the style guide to the irc conference first, not to the list. just as an
> example.

I, in no way, intended to put across that message. I'm kinda puzzled how
*anyone* could come away with that idea--especially considering the
Conference was announced to the mailing list a full day ahead of the
accompanying announcements of Freshmeat & Slashdot.

The announcement was meant to sound informal, and fun, to guarantee the
highest turnout.

> I always thought this list was dedicated to the purpose of coming up with
> something styleguidish. now suddenly we're the people who just watch? see
> the problem?

No. I see you walking around with a totally distorted idea in your mind
about what we're doing. Stop by the Conference webpage and pick up the
Conference Guide. It explains exactly whats going on later today, and
overall.

> so at least don't forget to post something to the list that will allow
> anyone who did not attend the irc thing to catch up to whatever happened
> there. thanks.

I'm going to be too busy handling the mob and making sure the right people
get heard to be concerned with recording a log. I'll see what I can do, as
I know theres alot of interest in such a thing, especially among Euro
folks who wont be able to stay up past their bedtimes. :)

Bowie