Re: Introductory GNOME Basics Tutorial

On 8/1/06, Calum Benson <Calum Benson sun com> wrote:
Christian Rose wrote:
> Hi!
>
> At my university, we're been replacing hundreds of old Sun machines
> with Linux boxes. Now it's time for us to finally replace the old
> Solaris with TWM environment with a more modern GNOME one (for the
> curious, it's GNOME 2.8 on top of Debian Sarge).

Sacrilege... you can run GNOME on old Sun machines as well you know :)

Yup. I know that and my boss knows that.

I probably failed to make clear that the two migrations are seperated.
Our new Linux machines have so far run the old TWM environment for
backwards compatibility. It's only now that this is going to change as
well. So we moved to Linux boxes first, and now we're moving to GNOME.

Christian