HIG/GAG builds failing

The autogenerated builds of the HIG and GNOME Accessibility for
Developers (GAD) docs seem to have been failing on widget for the past
week or so.  They both use pretty much the same build script and they
both build fine for me locally though, so I'm unable to diagnose the
problem.  Any experts care to investigate?  Basically xsltproc is
segfaulting:

[calum widget hig-build] $ xsltproc ../stylesheets/hig-stylesheet.xsl
../hig-book.xml

Writing ln-id2810515.html for legalnotice
runtime error: file
file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.61.0-1/html/chunker.xsl
line 203 element document
xsltDocumentElem: unable to save to ln-id2810515.html
Writing intro.html for preface(intro)
runtime error: file
file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.61.0-1/html/chunker.xsl
line 203 element document
xsltDocumentElem: unable to save to intro.html
Writing usabilityprinciples.html for chapter(usabilityprinciples)
runtime error: file
file:///usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets-1.61.0-1/html/chunker.xsl
line 203 element document
xsltDocumentElem: unable to save to usabilityprinciples.html
Error xpath.c:8353: Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed
Segmentation fault

(I assume the 'unable to save to...' errors here are just because I
don't have permission to write to files all over widget, but the ulog
files indicate that the segfault is happening in the 'real' build too).

Running xsltproc with the --verbose flag, the tail of the log file looks
like this:
.
.
.
Lookup variable use.svg
found variable use.svg
xsltChoose: test evaluate to 0
xsltChoose: test $use.svg != 0 and $object/svg:*
Lookup variable use.svg
found variable use.svg
Lookup variable object
found variable object
Error xpath.c:8353: Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed
xsltChoose: test evaluate to 0
xsltChoose: test $graphic.format = '1'
Lookup variable graphic.format
found variable graphic.format
xsltChoose: test evaluate to 1
call-template returned: name is.acceptable.mediaobject
Object is an XSLT value tree :
1  Node is NULL !
call-template returned: name select.mediaobject.index

Any clues welcome...

Cheeri,
Calum.