Re: 'org chart'

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 13:18, Luis Villa wrote:
> As some of you may have seen discussed a few months back[1] some effort
> is being made to create a GNOME 'org chart' that would help improve
> GNOME's communication and lines of responsibility.
>
> The relevant portion of the original doc for you guys and gals is:
>
> Documentation
>  - contact: John Fleck
> responsibilities:
> 	*write and publish documents
> 	*work with and/or recruit hackers to create infrastructure to provide
> and create documents
> 	*publish and organize documents written by others (such as API docs)
> 	*review all GNOME software for glossary compliance
> 	*maintain style guide and glossary
>
> Is this accurate? Does it describe what you guys think you should be
> doing for GNOME? Does it describe what you think GNOME should expect
> from you?

Fine, with this minor tweak: The last two should be:
	* review all GNOME documentation for style guide compliance
	* maintain style guide

The glossary ("word list"?) is part of the style guide. Also, I don't
think of reviewing all of the software for style guide compliance as our
gig, just the documentation.

> Are you still wearing pants? :)

No.[9]

Cheers,
John

[9] Well, short pants, so technically "yes".
--
John Fleck
http://www.inkstain.net http://www.abqjournal.com

"Sometimes, a diner is all about the mac and cheese."
  - Zippy the Pinhead