Re: Include link to HIG in GNOME documentation list.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 11:19:21PM -0600, Steve Fox wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 09:54, David Wheeler wrote:
> > it's very important that the HIG be _somewhere_ in this section!!
>
> I agree, that's why I'm amazed that no one has responded yet.
>
> Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Well, what's the timeline on the arrival of this new website that Jeff
keeps talking about? We had a long thread on how things should be
arranged in that universe and if the new website is only a few weeks
away, then I'm not going to worry too much about the "right now" case.

If the new website is months away then we need to do much more than just
include a link to the HIG -- we need to spring clean the entire docs
portion of the site and make it vaguely resemble the current GNOME
technology. My sense of urgency on doing this has been less lately,
since I got the impression the new d.g.o site was just around the
corner, but maybe I am wrong.

If we want to put it on the website today, I would suggest changing
"Programming Guides" to "Developer Guides" (since "developers" is a
superset of "programmers") and putting it under there. So it would link
off

	http://developer.gnome.org/doc/guides/

and we should change the link title on

	http://developer.gnome.org/doc/

to reflect the new section name.

Malcolm

--
Always try to be modest and be proud of it!