word lists (was Re: GUP Proposal Organization)

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 06:43:15PM -0500, Gregory Merchan wrote:

> There is a word list & glossary being developed for the GUP.
>
> http://www.phys.lsu.edu/students/merchan/GUP/ghci-gloss.html

The GNOME Documentation Project has a rather extensive word list that
is part of our draft Style Guide:

http://developer.gnome.org/documents/style-guide/wordlist.html

The word list was developed largely by Eugene O'Connor working with a
group of contributors looking at how the terms are used now both in
the interfaces and the existing GNOME documentation, as well as
looking at usage patterns in the computer community in general.

We should no doubt coordinate here so that our lists match up, as
I've already begun to find that as I work to bring docs into
conformance with the style guide, I'm colliding headlong into
inconsistent terminology in the UI.

I'm cc'ing the docs list with this so folks there can jump into the
fun.

Cheers,
--
John Fleck