Volunteering as a technical writer

Hi

I learnt about your project on the "Open Source Writer's Group" pages and would like to offer my services on a voluntary basis.

I am currently studying for a City and Guilds in Technical Communication, so the exercise would benefit my coursework too.

My background is as a software developer (primarily VB/Java) so I feel comfortable about creating API documentation and any other texts that deal with code.  Even as a developer I have always been called upon to do the documentation work and this is the area I now wish to concentrate on.

In addition I have studied proofreading, copyediting, copywriting and creative writing.  I have had a number of articles accepted for publication.

If you think we can help one another, then please let me know.

Regards

Mark Lewin