Re: Unable to use DocBook PNG Variant

Karl Eichwalder wrote:

>  Alexander Kirillov <kirillov math sunysb edu> writes:
>
> > > SGML_CATALOG_FILES is set to:
>
> > This may be it. I do not see /usr/lib/sgml/CATALOG in here. Try adding
> > it - or unset this variable completely - and see if it works.
>
> I'd say you hit the bug.  And yes, as promised I should start to write a
> note how to use the SGML system on SuSE Linux.  Number one rule: don't
> set SGML_CATALOG_FILES if you don't know exactly what you're doing ;)

Sasha - That was the problem. Thanks.
Karl - FYI. My system is actually based on RH 5.2; I recently bought
SuSE 6.4 and added/updated RPMs, including the DocBook-related RPMs,
from that. I set SGML_CATALOG_FILES upon reading in Norman Walsh's "The
Modular DocBook Stylesheets" that I needed to do so, but clearly, I
didn't know, even approximately, what I was doing. :-)

Dan Mueth wrote:

> It looks like the header on png-support-3.1.dtd was not updated to
> increment V1.0 to V1.1.

Dan - Should I change png-support-3.1.dtd and my SGML document
accordingly, or leave both as is? Thanks.

Liam.