Re: question about RMB

On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 02:16:29AM +0100, John Gilger wrote:
> I have no problem with 'Right Menu Buttons' since if a user has set up his
> or her mouse for left handed operation, they are obviously intelligent
> enough to realize that their mouse may operate differently.

At the risk of being pedantic, it is not always true that the user set
up their mouse. At a recent Linux InstallFest my local user group did,
I set up two mice for left handed people because they asked me to.
However, I'm pretty sure those two people wouldn't have known what the
default setup was, so doing mental conversions from the default to the
actual setup may not have been easy for them (I don't know).

> Treating the reader like an idiot is offensive and the mark of a poor
> writer.

We're not treating anybody like idiots if we call it button-1, -2, -3,
etc. It simply removes the issue from the table altogether, imho.

Anyway, my opinion's on the table, so I'll bow out of the discussion for
now.

Cheers,
Malcolm

--
Malcolm Tredinnick            email: malcolm commsecure com au
CommSecure Pty Ltd