Re: GNOME vs. Gnome

Jeff Waugh <jdub aphid net> writes:

> I fully agree with these points - GNOME, whilst still holding some
> meaning as anacronym, is going to look rather silly after a while.

If it looks silly you're using the word much too much.  Just drop it.
After a short introduction the reader knows that you're talking about
"GNOME" -- you don't have to repeat it again and again.  How many times
the Gnumeric manual has to use the word "GNOME"?

Last point and than I'll shut up.  Example:

    CDE, KDE, and Gnome, all these three are so called desktop
    environments.

Do you see the point?  If we'd drop the capitalization we'll loose
something when authors write reviews comparing desktop environments...

--
work : ke suse de                          |          ------    ,__o
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |         ------   _-\_<,