Re: GNOME vs. Gnome

I agree with bart here.

The thing is that usually when you spell with capital letters,
and you say the word, you spell each letter individually, then
it makes sense.

Like :
HP you say "Ache Pee" or
IBM you say "Eye Bee Em",
KDE you say "EEeeek, what's that"

Unless we start saying, "your 'Ge En O Em E' Desktop is nice."

For names that you pronouce the name itself tend
to be spelled with Cap+lower letters. Like "Sun" for example.

So by that rationality, since when we speak we say "genome" ,
or (ghn-nome, depending on who you are :-) ) the spelling
would be "Gnome".

About the press having decided "Gnome" for use, I don't think
we would ever win a battle with them, try making them start
using the word cracker instead of Hacker..

Chema

P.S. I am sure somebody is going  to find an exeption to this
     rule and reply with "What about xyx ... ", this just tends
     to be the norm AFAIK.