Re: web control applet draft, question

"David C. Mason" wrote:

> tov are jacobsen <tovj@stud.ntnu.no> writes:
>
> > Oops, that should have been cool ice (not thin ice).
>
> Again - on the gtk theme issue - I do think we should stick with 'default' because it *is* the default theme and is the one mostly likely to be in view when a new user starts up GNOME for the first time.
>
> Anyone else have ideas about the gtk theme?
>
> Dave

Hi guys, I'm watching this thread, and I have a thought to share with you (maybe it is of no use, but... I want to contribute to the growing of this thread anyway ;)

A couple of months ago I give my old PC to my mom, with W95 installed (hey! what can I do?), next week, when I went to my parent's house to help with some W95's apps, I have found  a *totally* and very
mutilated desktop with diffrents fonts, colors, backgrounds, etc. What was happened? my parents, very bored with the apps and feeling themselves somehow lost (they aren't computer lovers) found the desktop
configuration item and begun to play with it, maybe because it is (obviously) easy to use and see the changes.

So...? So... many users (I know a few) begin their windowed life 'playing' with their desktops, so *maybe* just maybe the 'default' theme will not remain too much  time as the 'current' theme.

Then just choose a theme without pixmaps backgrounds (so it easier and cleaner to print -think in dot matrix printers or B&W inkjet), have nice, big, and easy to see fonts, have a nice contrast, etc, etc.
The idea of screenshots IMHO is to give the reader a quick look to what he/she is reading about, if reader found a little diffrent font he will understand, maybe there should be included in some place in
the doc a paragraph like "the images in this docs come from "wwm" with "hotice" theme, your actuall screen would look a little diffrent, please don't commit suicide"

That's all; sorry for the length, but at least you don't have to listen me chating ;) BTW is there some standard on the size of images?

Cheers.
vpn.