Re: Yelp Speedup

Don Scorgie wrote:
Removing the <xsl:import href="../../gettext/gettext.xsl"> commands from
the files in common improves Yelps parsing ability by an order of
magnitude
(Stopwatch timings from clicking the Relevant document in the TOC):
User guide
Before: ~ 57s
After: ~ 3s

Gnumeric
Before: ~ 1m 2s
After: ~ 4s

Zenity
Before: ~3s
After: < 1s

Holy toledo, batman!  Good catch Don.  I'm not sure if the anything
would use the db-title.xsl or others by themselves.  Hopefully Shaun
can comment on this.

Looks like we need some kind of

#ifndef _GETTEXT_XSL
#define _GETTEXT_XSL
#endif

 analog for stylesheets to me...  Still that wouldn't stop the file from
being opened.

Can I asked how you found this out? strace -e file?

--
Brent Smith <gnome nextreality net>
IRC: smitten