Modifying C/C++ lang files for gtksourceview

I want to change the default settings of C and C++
under gedit so that led me to gtksourceview lang
files.   I want C and C++ to be one language.  I'm
pretty sure I have the format right (no errors pop
up).

What I have done:
1. deleted /usr/share/.../c{,pp}.lang
2. put my file "cc++.lang" in that dir

gEdit does not show C, C++, or "C and C++" (mine) in
its syntax highlighting color-setting dialog dropdown
box.

I have tried recompiling gtksourceview and gedit and
neither helped.

For the mimetypes="..." in the .lang I put all the
ones found in the c.lang and cpp.lang files.

Also, there is no documentation on the gtksourceview
sourceforge site about adding additional lang files
(it says TODO).  It also isn't mentioned in any of the
files in /usr/share/doc/gtksourceview-1.0.

Any Ideas?

Mike Hurley

Direct me to the right list if this isn't it.

=====
AIM: hurleymike1
MSN: mike_hurley_1 yahoo com
Yahoo!: mike_hurley_1

"You're nuts, N-V-T-S nuts!"
  ---Swiftus from Mel Brooks' History of the World, Part I

"Who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"
  ---Obi-Wan Kenobi