Re: libart_lgpl + glib: possible?

On Sun, 2004-03-14 at 23:03, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
>   There is a problem with libart as it is.  It is not language-binding
> friendly, since none of its types are GType registered.
>
>   In gnome-python we have come accross this problem more than once.
> First with the gnomeprint bindings, now also users complain that they
> cannot use gnome.canvas.BPath, because the 'bpath' property is of type
> pointer.
>
>   We desperately need to add a glib dependency to libart_lgpl.  Will
> that be a problem?  Or is it nothing but another political war?

libart is not in active development anymore, and is scheduled for
replacement by Cairo. The numerical stability issues in libart make it
to not a good base for future graphical library work.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lounge-singing drug-addicted gangster trapped in a world he never made.
She's a scantily clad hypochondriac hooker looking for love in all the wrong
places. They fight crime!