gnome/gtk for those with low vision

I've been poking at a little thing to make gnome and gtk applications more
useful to those with low vision by reading labels on widgets and such.

You can download my tarball at http://www.imsa.edu/~vader21/gtkspeak.tar.gz
Read the README for instructions for use.  At the moment it is really only
useful for buttons.  It makes a weak attempt at reading other things but
doens't work all that well.  You need to have festival installed and working
to use my current work.

I would like to host a discussion on irg.gnome.org channel #gtkspeak Saturday
(11/4) at around 2:00pm CST (20:00 UTC). I'll be on for some time before then
(nick: mallowman) too so drop by any time really.

So yeah, try it out, come up with suggestions, ideas, code, gripes, whatever
and bring them to irc tomorrow, or if you are afraid of irc, email me or the
list.

--
Geoffrey Reedy                                       vader21 imsa edu

"Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1.  "You will never find a more
wretched hive of bugs and flamers.  We must be cautious."
				-- DECWARS