Re: Probably a stupid question-GnomeMDI&GnomeApp

The constructor for GnomeMDIGenericChild takes one argument -- the child
name.  You want code something like:
  mdi = GnomeMDI('some-app', 'Title')

  def create_view(mdi_child):
	return GtkCurve()   # not a toplevel widget
  child = GnomeMDIGenericChild('some-name')
  child.set_view_creator(create_view)

  mdi.add_child(child)
  # create a view for the child:
  mdi.create_view(child)