Re: [gnome-db] using libgda and mono

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 11:35 -0700, ronny abraham wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two problems:
>
> Problem #1 - trying to get libgda to install from
> sources.  When I run "make install" I get:
>

> [root localhost libgda-1.1.4]# make install
> Making install in po
> make[1]: Entering directory
> `/opt/apps/libgda-1.1.4/po'
> if test -r ".././mkinstalldirs"; then \
>   .././mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share; \
> else \
>   /bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share; \
> fi
> ../mkinstalldirs: ../mkinstalldirs: No such file or
> directory
> make[1]: *** [install-data-yes] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/apps/libgda-1.1.4/po'
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1

this has been reported now by a few people. I'm not sure what the
problem is, since mkinstalldirs is a generated file, which should be
generated by autoconf/automake. Any idea someone?

> Problem #2 - I'm trying to run a Mono example which
> uses to Ole classes.  I can run Npgsql-based classes
> fine.  But when I run a similiar example using OleDb I
> get:
>
> [ron localhost sharp]$ mono dbtest.exe
>
> ** (System.Data.OleDb:27727): CRITICAL **: file
> gda-config.c: line 136 (gda_config_parse_config_file):
> assertion `len != 0' failed

this means the config file is empty. You need to create some datasource,
either using the gda-config-tool or, if you've got libgnomedb installed,
by using gnome-database-properties.

> Which is why I'm trying to reinstall libgda from
> sources in the first place.  If someone can help, I'll
> be happy.
>
> For the sake of completeness, I'm including the code
> for the OleDb example below (it's slightly modified
> from the go-mono website)
>
> I've gotten this thing working before, only I can't
> figure out what I've done differently.  ARRRGH!
>
> *********************************
>  using System;
>  using System.Data;
>  using System.Data.OleDb;
>

>  public class DbTest
>  {
>     public static void Main(string[] args)
>     {
>         // there is a libgda PostgreSQL provider
>        string connectionString =
>           "Provider=PostgreSQL;" +
>           "Addr=127.0.0.1;" +
>           "Database=bogus;" +
>           "User ID=bogusman;" +
>           "Password=";
>        IDbConnection dbcon;
>        dbcon = new OleDbConnection(connectionString);
>        dbcon.Open();
>
>        dbcon.Close();
>        dbcon = null;
>     }
>  }
the code looks ok. Probably something's wrong on the OleDb source code.