Re: [gnome-db] Libgda

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 18:36, CESDS11 aol com wrote:
> Hi All!!!
>
> I found the libc.so.6 on the internet and saved in /usr/include,

libraries go to /usr/lib, so putting them in /usr/include wont make any
difference. Also, as someone else already told you, libc is a basic
library in any system, so replacing it by hand, as you intend to do,
will probably cause a lot of problems. So, don't do that :-)

>  but the problems continue. When I will install the Libxml2 it needs these files. I installed the Linux Conectiva and the same error occurs. It don't recognize this file.

isn't there a package manager in conectiva, like red carpet, apt-get or
RH's up2date? If so, please use that one to install packages, since they
take care of all dependencies themselves.

> Where I have to save these file?
> I think that is the last problem to install libgda, because after the others packages will be installed normally. I hope that!!!

I think this is going to be the start of more problems, as soon as you
copy the libc file to /usr/lib :-) Some programs might stop working, and
you might even have some basic services (like login, for instance)
crashing on you. I hope it doesn't happen, but you are advised against
putting that libc.so.6 file into your distro by hand.