[gnome-db] SQL Query Types

Hi,
Just to explain what it is I'm working on- I'm currently in the initial stages
of developing a PHP extension for libgda, and although progress has been good
so far, I've got a little issue regarding the different methods of executing
commands on a data source depending upon whether the statement is a 'query'
or 'non-query'. The problem being, I'd like to implement a generic 'query'
function which accepts the statement as a parameter, however so far there is
no clear way of deciding how to execute it...

Although the parser in libsql recognises a few types of query, there is
nothing to determine provider-specific statements. Should a method of doing
this be included it would aid tremendously the addition of text-mode clients
or other such scenarios where a query of unknown type may be presented by the
user.

What is the feeling of the team on adding such a thing?

Chris