Re: [gnome-db] [Fwd: Re: Communications in Projects...]

pues On Wed, 2001-12-05 at 13:08, Cleber Rodrigues Rosa Junior wrote:
> > I'm certainly not qualified to comment on development issues (way over my
> > head).  But I'm re-doing my "Data Access tools for Linux" presention (the one
> > linked to from the gnome-db doc page) and after I finish that I hope to actually
> > try writting an app using gnome-db.  So I'll offer to help in any
> > "documentation" tasks someone want's to throw my way.
>
> I've read it and must say: very nice, well presented stuff!
> (I didn't get used to having my head rotated 270°, though ;)

with xpdf at least you can rotate it :-)

> > I have been pounding the merits of gnome-db on other developement lists I'm
> > subscribed to.  I really wish there was PHP bindings as that is what I spend 4~6
> > hours a day writting.
>
> I'm a coward for not having tried to do that.
>
> Anyway, as I said, I'm willing to do this, and would be very happy to
> have someone else along.

BTW, for GNOME 2, bindings should use directly the IDL interfaces, not
the C library. Although, if this is a problem for the PHP bindings, I
vote for having them use the C library.

BTW, any work of this kind, please, do it for GNOME 2. The GNOME 1.x
version will be obsoleted in some months, so it's not worth the effort
to work too much on it.