Re: gnome-db controls browser

Vivien Malerba wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> You have probably all heard of the Bonobo technology in GNOME, and what it will
> allow one to do. Rodrigo has, since the GUADEC, put up a new lib called
> libgda-components which enables gnome-db to use the Bonobo Controls
> to achieve tasks specific to a provider. Each proviser can give away (via a
> .gnorba file) some control components (and they appear like a normal widget).
>
> As of now only the ODBC and Postgres providers seem to use that new lib (I try
> to implement the Postgres part in such a way that is will be easy for another
> provider to adapt the code).

Vivien, How much time you need to have the postgres config usable? I ask
because as we said last week, we should make a new release very soon. If
you need too much time, we'll make the release without it, but if not,
it would be nice to not only have the ODBC driver manager.

Also, Chris, how much you need to create the C++ bindings for the
gda-clinet lib (without the UI part)? It would also be great to have it.

If you can have them on Monday, we'll wait, if not, I'd like to build
the RPMS tonight.

and one new: a student from Madrid is going to add python bindings for
the client libs as part of his university work. He told me yesterday
he'll need a week or so, but we won't wait for it, we'll just make a new
release as soon as it's done. I'd really appreciate, now that we've
begun with the bindings, to have more and more languages, so please
anybody interested get in contact with me.

Cheers