Libraries to use

Hello, i was thinking about the gda-report independence from gnome-db
and other gnome libraries. I don't know how much independence we must
do. For example, i suppose that i could use the gnome's libxml library,
but i don't know if i should use the glib library to implement linked
list or something like that.

Do you understand me?

In my opinion the gnome independence should be only at the graphical
interface part, because the other libraries could be used from KDE,
Motif or similar.

What do you think?
--
Carlos Perelló Marín