Howto start Gnome with X11 / Mac OS X 10.3?

Hi,

let me introduce myself first: I'm new to this list and after some playing around with Gentoo, I thought it might be quit good to try Gnome direct under X11. I'm living in Berlin / Germany.

Question:
How can I start Gnome after installing it using fink bundle-gnome.

gnome-session results in starting X, but it will quit after a few seconds (I don't know what I should put in .xinitrc for Gnome.

Using KDE with .xinitrc
	source /sw/bin/init.sh
	/sw/bin/startkde >/tmp/kde.log 2>&1
works without a problem.

So it's not a X but a Gnome-Config-Problem.

Any ideas?

regards from Berlin - getting cold here.

Rob