Re: libbonoboui patch

On 31Dec2001 01:03PM (-0500), Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs noisehavoc org> writes:
> > Is it really a good idea to make that optional? Either the status bar
> > should always have it, or it should never have it. I don't see why
> > it's a good idea for some apps but not for others.
> >

> It's optional in GTK in case some weirdo had a statusbar not on the
> bottom of a window. I can imagine a case where that might not be that
> bad. (Say a split-screen view of some kind.)

That sounds reasonable. I could also imagine Gtk+ figuring out for you
whether the status bar is at the bottom of the window, so that this is
not an issue programmers need to worry about. Too late now, of course.

However, I think the status bar owned by a BonoboWindow will always be
at the bottom of the window.