Re: bug (?) in libbonobo that is breaking evolution

On Tue, 2001-09-11 at 23:41, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	I really can't see a way of feasibly fixing it in a safe way in
> Gnome 1.4, I can't remember the exact sequences of horrible failures it's
> meant to guard against and it was a band aid in the first place.

Yikes...

> > I can try rebuilding w/o any optimization and seeing what happens if
> > you think that would be helpful.
>
> 	If we can get a good stack trace, then possibly we can work around
> the issue inside evolution for now - there must be a secondary cause;
> multiple idle handlers, gtk action in idle handlers, or something to make
> the gtk mainloop think it still has things to do when it doesn't.

I rebuild evolution without any optimization, and got the exact same
backtrace as before.  So any weirdness in the backtrace must be due to
gdb getting a bit confused, not weird optimizations by gcc.

I'll discuss this with one of the gtk guys to see if they have any
ideas.

-JT