Re: [Fwd: gnome-panel : how to get output to debug ?]

Dear Rod

Am Wed, May 11, 2005 at 11:08:16AM +0200 hat Vincent Untz getippert:
> On Wed, May 11, 2005 10:30, Rod Butcher said:
> > What I was trying to say was, what is the recommended technique for
> > running gnome-panel in debug mode ? I know how to compile and run a
> > normal app with gdb but gnome-panel doesn't run like a normal app.
>
> This is probably what you're looking for:
>
> gnome-session-remove gnome-panel
> gdb gnome-panel
> run

Have a look at the command line arguments of gdb. There is
apossibility to attach to a running process. It's quite some
time since I used that feature so I do not know the exact
command by heart but it might be along the lines of
$ gdb -p <pid> gnome-panel

Regards
--
Philipp      | work: philipp frauenfelder mailsp com +41 1 802 20 00
Frauenfelder | home: philipp frauenfelder-kuerner ch +41 1 862 73 14