GNOME 2.15.2 Released!

GNOME 2.15.2 Development Release
================================

Some people commented that the 2.15.1 announce contained too many
exclamation marks in only one sentence. Now, this is an important thing
to fix. It's true (is it?!?) that we need (do we?!?) to write good
announcements, that are readable by everyone. That's why I propose
to write them in French, a language that everyone should know and that
is really easy to learn (really, you just have to remember about some
thousands of exceptions). Ceci n'est absolument pas une conspiration
francophone. D'ailleurs, ni Frédéric, ni Sébastien, ni Daniel, ni
quiconque d'autre n'est au courant. Je profite de cette annonce pour
proposer d'utiliser le Français comme langue par défaut dans GNOME dès
sa prochaine version, sauf opposition d'au moins une personne. On ne
pourra pas dire que je n'ai pas essayé ;-)

This is our second development release on our road towards GNOME 2.16.0,
which will be released in September 2006. GNOME 2.15.2 works well and
you should definitely try it to see how well it works. So go download it.
Go compile it. Go test it. And go hack on it, document it, translate it,
fix it.

Note that both libxml2 and libxslt tarballs need a patch [1] and that
the libxml2 tarball also needs a second patch [2].

[1] http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.15.2/bug-340163.patch
[2] http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.15.2/fix-python-path.patch

To compile GNOME 2.15.2, you can use GARNOME (will be released soon), or
the jhbuild modulesets available at:

        http://download.gnome.org/teams/releng/2.15.2/

The release notes that describe the changes between 2.15.1 and 2.15.2
are available. Go read them to learn all the goodness of this release:

platform - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.15/2.15.2/NEWS
desktop  - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.15/2.15.2/NEWS
admin    - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.15/2.15.2/NEWS
bindings - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.15/2.15.2/NEWS

Here are some figures about this release:

admin 2.15.2 statistics:
  tar.gz:   792K        total
  tar.bz2:  616K        total

bindings 2.15.2 statistics:
  tar.gz:   24M total
  tar.bz2:  17M total

desktop 2.15.2 statistics:
  tar.gz:   157M        total
  tar.bz2:  114M        total

platform 2.15.2 statistics:
  tar.gz:   52M total
  tar.bz2:  36M total

The GNOME 2.15.2 release is available here:

platform sources - http://download.gnome.org/platform/2.15/2.15.2/
desktop  sources - http://download.gnome.org/desktop/2.15/2.15.2/
admin    sources - http://download.gnome.org/admin/2.15/2.15.2/
bindings sources - http://download.gnome.org/bindings/2.15/2.15.2/

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
--------------------------

This release is a snapshot of development code. Although it is buildable
and usable, it is primarily intended for testing and hacking purposes.
GNOME uses odd minor version numbers to indicate development status.

For more informations about 2.15, the full schedule, the official module
lists and the proposed modules list, please see our shiny 2.15 page:

  http://www.gnome.org/start/unstable/

We hope you'll love it,

The GNOME Release Team

Vincent