gnome-panel 2.9.90 ("Objectif 150")

GNOME panel is, well, the panel in GNOME. You know, the bar you see
at the top and at the bottom of your desktop, with menus and lots
of applets on it. That's it. That's the panel.

This is the "Objectif 150" release: gnome-panel has got a lot of bug
fixing love since we started 2.9.x. There was more than 250 bugs
(excluding enhancement requests) at the end of October 2004. Now, we're
down to 152 open bugs. Our goal is to have less than 150 open bugs for
2.10.0.

Since gnome-panel 2.9.2, the gnome-panel use the /apps/panel gconf
directory to store its settings. The settings that were previously
stored in /apps/panel/profiles will be automatically migrated.
Since gnome-panel 2.9.2 also, the panel depends on gnome-menus
and we should finally enjoy the freekdestop.org Desktop Menu
Specification. If you don't see any items in the menus, then you
probably forgot to set $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS to $(sysconfdir)/xdg

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release.

This release is available at
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-panel/2.9/gnome-panel-2.9.91.tar.bz2

Changes in gnome-panel 2.9.91
=============================

Panel
  * Update libegg files (Vincent, Mark)
  * Migrate launchers that are using applications: URI (Vincent)
  * Don't use applications: URI in the default panel setup (Vincent)
  * Use GtkIconTheme (Vincent)
  * Use named icons instead of stock icons (Vincent)
  * Fix object context menu positioning algorithm (Vincent)
  * Allow use of the whole screen when hiding a panel (Mark, Vincent)
  * Fix button menus using other menus than applications.menu (Vincent)
  * Plug memory leak (Vincent)
  * Don't let the user specify a panel size smaller than what is allowed
    (Vincent)
  * Fix crash with context menus (Vincent)
  * Fix error dialog to appear on the right screen (Vincent)
  * Change the DnD icon to the dragged applet one in the "Add to panel"
    dialog. (Carlos Garnacho Parro)
  * Make "Run application" faster (Frank Worsley, Vincent)
  * Add accessible name for list of known applications in "Run
    application" dialog (Muktha)
  * Use the new gnome_desktop_item_set_launch_time() API (Elijah Newren)
  * Make non local paths in the places menu work (Dennis Cranston)
  * Update the applications menu when the disable_command_line lockdown
    key is changed (Vincent)
  * Fix 100% CPU bug with non-expanded panels (Vincent)

libpanel-applet
  * Fix applet context menu positioning algorithm (Vincent)

Show Desktop Applet
  * Show/hide desktop on the right screen (Arvind, Vincent)
  * Update the icon when icon theme changes (Paolo Borelli, Vincent)
  * Use GtkIconTheme (Vincent)

Window Selector Applet
  * Move most of the code to a new widget in libwnck (Vincent Noel)

Workspace Switcher Applet
  * Make applet look better when using a color/image background
    (Vincent)

Misc
  * Code cleanups
  * Build fixes