Re: Locktones [was Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired]

[quoted lines by Bill Haneman on 2005/09/30 at 16:26 +0100]

>Locktones sounds like a good idea.  Perhaps it could be implemented in
>gnopernicus as what Janina sometimes calls "earcons".

Yes, I'm sure that's just the kind of thing she's referring to.

>There's no reason
>why screenreader audio needs to be speech-only.  Of course on systems
>without multiplexing audio there may be some technical issues, but I
>hope such systems are mostly behind us rather than part of our future.

That's one reason I chose to use the PC speaker. It always works (at least on
those systems which have one). In any event, I'm sure that the device it should
use could be made configurable as well as be given a sensible, system-dependent
default.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.