gnome and support for the visually impaired

I am a newby to this list and will soon to be a newby to Linux when I install a Linux distro on my new laptop. I agree about support for Gnucash because that is one of the applications I hope to use when I migrate to Linux, Quicken for windows is no longer available in the UK and MS Money has no specific set files for it for Windoweyes so it is impossible to use without having to do a lot of reviewing with the WE cursor. Getting applications to work with speech has been something I have discussed with people at my Local Linux User Group.