Re: using a braille display with Gnopernicus

On Fri, 2005-04-01 at 09:29, Kenny Hitt wrote:

Hi Kenny,

> Hi.
> I'm using a Braille Lite 40 with the brlapi interface as a braille
> display for Gnopernicus.
>
> I have some questions.
>
> I notice the only thing that seems do do anything on the braille display
> are the advance bars.  At this point, all I can do is parent, child,
> next, and previous.  Is there any way to get more function from this
> display?

Yes, you can assign any function to a braille key.

> I see possible functions in the braille key mapping of the braille
> preferences dialog but I don't understand the meaning of keys like DK00
> DK01 etc.  What are these supposed to represent?

Some devices (eg. Baum devices) allow key combinations (multiple key
presses in same time).

> I notice the display seems to follow the speech output.  Since this is a
> 40 cell display, not all the message are shown.  How do I read the rest
> of a message?

Try to map char/display left/right functions on device keys.

> I notice the routing buttons above the braille cells don't work.  Is
> there any way to use these buttons?

I don't know if brltty convert those key in something understood by
gnopernicus.

> I've looked at the help and don't find anything that answers my
> questions.  Is there a doc some place that does?

Regards,
Remus